Skip the NI Direct Bar
  • Consultations
  • Publications
  • DSD News Releases
  • Freedom of Information



Below are lists that should be useful if you wish to contact the Department:
For queries about this website, please use the feedback page

Key contacts

I need to contact the:

Benefit and Pension enquiries

For enquiries about benefits and pensions in Northern Ireland, please select one of the following:


The links above are for sending general enquiries - please do not send personal information as this is not a secure route.

Services for people with special needs

If you have any special needs then we will do what we can to help you. If we cannot deal with your enquiry by letter or phone we may be able to visit you at home. We can also help you if you have any difficulty in completing our forms.
We can arrange for some of our leaflets to be made available in Braille, large print or audiotape. If you have hearing difficulties text-phone facilities are available in the majority of our offices.
If English is not your first language we can provide information on benefit related matters through an interpreting service. For further information contact your local Jobs & Benefits Office/Social Security Office.

Benefit Law contacts

I need to contact someone about the law relating to:

Child Maintenance Service contacts

I need to contact someone in the Child Maintenance Service Division external link

Housing Contacts

I need to contact someone about:

Social Policy Unit contacts

I need to find out about:
  • Gambling
  • Liquor licensing
  • Registration of clubs
  • Drinking in public bye-laws
  • Opening hours of shops
  • Street trading
  • Control of unauthorised encampments
  • Hare coursing and
  • Game and game dealers’ licences
Contact the Social Policy Unit

Statistics and Research contact details

I need to find out about:

Urban Regeneration Contacts

I need to find out about urban regeneration and community development:
I need to find out about Neighbourhood Renewal
I need to find out about the European Union Funded programmes such as the PEACE Programme
I need to contact someone about:

Voluntary and Community Unit contacts

If you want advice and guidance on charity legislation and help for the voluntary and community sector, contact the Voluntary and Community Unit.