Introduction to the Social Security Agency
The aim of the Social Security Agency is to help people change their lives for the better. The Agency administers and provides guidance on a range of social security benefits and pensions to the people of Northern Ireland.
The Social Security Agency’s main business is to:
- assess and pay social security benefits accurately and securely
- give advice and information about these benefits
- support people by helping them move closer to work
- process benefit reviews and appeals
- prevent and detect benefit fraud, prosecute offenders and recover any benefit which has been paid incorrectly
- recover benefit which has been paid in compensation cases
- assess people’s financial circumstances if they are applying for legal aid
- provide services to clients in Great Britain on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- administer, providing guidance and payment of all aspects of State Pension
The Agency delivers its services to:
- the people of Northern Ireland, with a population of some 1.8m; and
- the people living in 3 Districts within London.
Why not visit the following popular pages?