Our main business
We provide administrative support to the independent tribunals set up by legislation to hear appeals against decisions made by the Decision Makers in the
- Social Security Agency;
- Child Maintenance and Enforcement Division
- Inland Revenue;
- Northern Ireland Housing Executive;
- Land & Property Services
We do this by
- Issuing the relevant papers to all parties;
- Arranging the date, place and time of hearing;
- Providing administrative support to the Tribunal;
- Issuing decisions;
- Arranging to have record of proceedings/ statement of reasons completed.
Appeals are heard at 18 locations across the province:
Standards of Service
We are committed to providing you with a high standard of service and treat all of our customers fairly and equally. Your race, ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or any disability you have will not affect how we treat you. If you believe you have not been treated fairly, you can make a complaint, and we will make every effort to correct and improve our service.
Help us by being considerate when you are dealing with our staff and other customers in our waiting areas. This will enable us to give everyone fair and equal treatment.
Our Mission Statement
To provide a prompt, accurate, courteous, efficient and independent service to all customers of The Appeals Service.